Andrew C. Graves
- Criminal Defense 80%
- Traffic Offenses 20%
I am a criminal defense attorney in the Federal and State Courts of Virginia. I have extensive trial experience in a wide range of offenses ranging from simple traffic or misdemeanors to first degree murder and all offenses in between. As a certified Capital Defense Trial Co-Counsel, I have undergone additional training programs to assist those charged with offenses that carry the death penalty. I have represented people charged with complex financial crimes, premeditated murder, multi-tiered drug conspiracies at the state and federal level, sexual offenses, computer crimes and just about every crime one can imagine. I have appeared in many courts all around the Commonwealth of Virginia as well as arguing before the Virginia Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of Virginia. Obtaining many favorable verdicts from Judges and Juries. I also routinely represent college students charged with minor and serious offenses as such I am familiar with the delicacy of each case. I have appeared many times at James Madison University’s Office of Student Accountability hearings when students are expelled and need help in presenting their cases for reconsideration.
I am a former police officer / deputy sheriff and am the third generation to practice law in Harrisonburg as well as the greater Shenandoah Valley. My Grandfather and Father both practiced in Harrisonburg before rising to the local bench, on the District and Circuit Court levels. I enjoy the complex research and fact finding that must go into every case whether it is a possession of alcohol underage, or a serious felony. I also believe in fully knowing every case and using private investigators, accident reconstructionists and utilizing my many expert contacts for my client’s particular needs.
On a personal level I enjoy traveling, golfing and spending time with my family. I live in Rockingham County, Virginia with my wife, three children, two dogs and a cat.
- Appalachian School of Law, Grundy, Virginia
- J.D. - 2006
- Bridgewater College, Bridgewater, Virginia
- B.S. - 2003
- Major: Political Science
- Virginia, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 2009
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
Current Employment Position
- Law Office of Andrew C. Graves, PLLC, 2008 to 2017
- Commercial Title Group, Inc., 2006 to 2008
- Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office, 1996 to 2002
- Broadway Police Department, 2002 to 2003
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2013 - 2018
- Tina Marie Bryant v. Commonwealth, Virginia Court of Appeals Record No. 0922-16-3, Criminal, 2017
- Tina Marie Bryant v. Commonwealth, Supreme Court of Virginia, Record No. 170712